ALUKO BEHIND PLOT TO IMPEACH FAYOSE — OLUGBEMI


A former factional Speaker of the Ekiti State House of Assembly, Mr. Dele Olugbemi, has alleged that a former Secretary of Peoples Democratic Party in the state, Mr. Tope Aluko, was behind the failed impeachment plot against Governor Ayodele Fayose.
Olugbemi also maintained that he took Aluko to Fayose to beg him (the governor) for forgiveness for the allegations he (Aluko) made that the June 21, 2014, governorship election was rigged.
Aluko and Fayose had addressed journalists at a hotel in Lagos, announcing their reconciliation. The former PDP scribe had later claimed that the meeting was stage-managed by the governor to mislead the public.
Speaking on Ekiti FM 91.5 Radio on Saturday, Olugbemi, while challenging Aluko, said he was ready to swear in defence of his claim that he took ex-PDP scribe to beg Fayose.
He said, "Once someone has turned himself into a political vulture, parasite, scavenger and an unrepentant traitor, there is nothing he cannot deny just to get a pot of porridge. He is just like a chameleon. He would say yes in the morning, no in the afternoon and a combination of yes and no in the evening.
"When I was the Speaker of the Ekiti State House of Assembly, TKO (Aluko) was the secretary of our party, PDP. I have never seen a traitor like him in my life. He was the one who initiated and facilitated an arrangement with the APC towards using the House to impeach Fayose. He took me to Osun and Lagos for the arrangement.
"I refused to do that and it strained our relationship. But we resumed our relationship shortly after the end of my tenure as Speaker.
"When I discovered that he was always scheming against the governor and conniving with enemies to impeach him after about one and half year into this government, I decided to call him and advised him against his moves. I told him that in politics there cannot be permanent enemies but permanent interests. I told him defecting to another party would not help; that as for me, I prefer to stay in PDP and demand for what is mine.
"I am so surprised that he could come out to denounce and rubbish with lies, a peace meeting I brokered between him and Governor Fayose. The CCTV camera has the details of all that we discussed with the governor inside the Eko Hotels. Aluko is a morally challenged, socially unfit and academically bankrupt person, As an Ekitiman, I am totally ashamed of him. He has defaced himself, not Ekiti."
In his reaction to Olugbemi, Aluko, in a telephone interview with our correspondent, said he would not dignify the ex-speaker with a response.
He said, "I have no issues with him. Olugbemi is doing the bidding of his master (Fayose) as part of efforts to sustain the propaganda against me. I challenge him to bring proof that I was on the payroll of the APC.
"Instead of addressing the message I passed about his master to the public, they are busy attacking the messenger. Why should I take him to a meeting with APC 19 when I was not in the party? It is all lies."


EmoticonEmoticon